The evaluations page may take a while to load. Please be patient as we check your account
Sessions will be available on-demand after their scheduled times until Sunday, February 21 at 11:59 PM CT
*Session times are subject to change, click on the session title to view the session at the schedule time.
Having technical difficulties? Contact email@example.com.
- Lorraine Jordan, PhD, CRNA, CAE, FAAN
- Examine how the findings in the scientific posters can be applied to nurse anesthesia practice.
Friday, February 19, 2021
06:00:PM - 07:00:PM CT
*Registration for Open Session Required
Saturday, February 20, 2021
08:00:AM - 08:30:AM CT
- Steve Sertich, MAE, CRNA, JD, Esquire
- Howard Drews III, MSN, CRNA
- Randall Moore, DNP, MBA, CRNA
08:45:AM - 09:15:AM CT
- Rebecca Lee, DNP, CRNA
- Erica Moore, DNP, CRNA
CLICK HERE to take the survey
- Evaluate the recommendations put forth from the AANA CRNA Faculty Stabilization Task Force.
- Explore strategies to develop and support the CRNA faculty workforce for nurse anesthesia educational programs.
09:30:AM - 10:30:AM CT
- Courtney Brown, PhD, CRNA, CHSE
- Jorge Valdes, DNP, CRNA, APRN
- Michael Dosch, PhD, CRNA
- The attendee will list three activities that promote minority recruitment and/or retention within nurse anesthesia educational program.
- The attendee will compare the advantages and disadvantages of holistic application reviews and a centralized application service within a nurse anesthesia admissions process.
- The attendee will define the need for a national agenda and continued dialogue for best practices in regards to minority recruitment, retention, and faculty support to facilitate diversity and inclusion in nurse anesthesia educational programs.
10:45:AM - 11:45:AM CT
- Laura Bonanno, PhD, DNP, CRNA
- Identify the importance of communicating expectations for clinical performance to both students and clinical educators.
- Discuss the importance of accurate and timely clinical evaluation of student registered nurse anesthetists (SRNAs) and differentiate between borderline, unsatisfactory and unsafe clinical performance.
- Describe the decision making process of a nurse anesthesia program administrator when a student exhibits unsatisfactory behaviors or clinical performance and the guiding principles.
11:45:AM - 01:00:PM CT
01:00:PM - 02:00:PM CT
- Holly Chandler, EdD, CRNA
- Effectively compare and contrast bullying and incivility in the clinical setting.
- Recognize behaviors which may be perceived as incivility or bullying by SRNAs in the clinical setting.
- Identify the effects incivility and bullying may have on SRNAs and describe the mitigating solutions presented.
02:15:PM - 03:15:PM CT
- Julia Feczko, DNP, CRNA
- Discuss current challenges facing DNP programs with regards to NCE pass rates.
- Describe anesthesia program quality improvement measures aimed at improving NCE pass rates.
- Identify pre-admission and anesthesia school variables that affect first time pass rates on the NCE.
03:30:PM - 04:30:PM CT
- Virginia Londahl-Ramsey, DNAP, CRNA, ARNP, CHSE
- Lisa Osborne-Smith, PhD, CRNA
- Cindy Betron, DNP, CRNA, CHSE, CNE
- Identify various strategies and technologies utilized to implement nurse anesthesia simulation curriculum during the COVID-19 pandemic.
04:45:PM - 05:45:PM CT
- Rachel Davis, DNP, CRNA, CHSE
- Identify current issues facing nurse anesthesia programs.
Sunday, February 21, 2021
09:00:AM - 10:00:AM CT
- Rodrigo Garcia, MBA, MSN, APN, CRNA u2013 Moderator
- Linda Stone, DNP, CRNA
- Catherine Horvath, DNP, CRNA, CHSE
- Jessica Morrow, BSN, RN, CCRN, SRNA
- Tracy Traut, MS, LCAC
- Faculty and students identify mental health resources for managing wellness challenges during a crisis.
- Discuss availability and benefits of peer support conversations for mental well-being and importance of knowing when to seek professional help.
Congress 2021 Survey
Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
*Session titles, speakers and times are subject to change.